– Overweight and obesity has quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.
– Obesity in adolescents between ages 12 – 19 has increased from 5% to nearly 21% within the same period
– In 2012, more than one-third of adolescents were overweight or obese and are more likely to develop into obese adults without intervention.
Centers for Disease Control and prevention (CDC.gov)
About the Adolescent Nutrition Program
- Both Dr Johnson and Dr Porter (PB Stress Therapist Director) have had extensive experience in dealing with adolescent nutrition and obesity.
- Dr Johnson has gone into the public schools and presented and developed nutrition programs for 6th grade to high school.
- The PB team presentations were part of the curriculum for schools participating in the grant.
- Dr J has developed various interactive lesions for the students.
- We help provide students with motivation and provide them with the necessary tools to overcome poor nutrition, stress and sedentary lifestyle. Assist student in acquiring behavior modification skills than can foster a healthy relationship with food as well as build the self esteem necessary for behavioral changes.
- Dr J also worked with economically disadvantage parents to increase their basic nutritional knowledge and making healthy food choices for their families.
- If your child needs help with nutrition or overeating, Perfect Balance is there for you and your family.
What makes PB so convenient? Click below to find out more…
Get your questions answered 24 hours a day and 7 days a week by the PB phone team
Schedule your visits at a location nearest you
Offering internet visits by appointment
Limousine service on day of gastric balloon placement
Home or office visits with Personal Trainer/Exercise Specialist
Special Stress Management Services
PB may be able to support other weight loss programs